Baldur's Gate 3 Wiki
Welcome to the Baldur's Gate 3 Wiki! We aim to provide a clean, detailed, up to date wiki for Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Studios. This is a shared community effort and everyone is welcome to join. You may want to read How to Contribute and maybe create an account. You can also join the bg3.wiki Discord so we can more easily coordinate our efforts. You can edit pages without an account, but your IP address will be publicly logged.
Gameplay Mechanics[edit | edit source]
These pages describe how Baldur's Gate 3 implements the D&D 5th Edition mechanics.
- Die Rolls: One-page explanation of all the die rolls. Further details in table below.
- Weapons: Read about the different weapon types and properties in the game.
- Spells: Boy are there many spells in this game. Thankfully, you have the wiki.
- Skills: A quick reference for the skills your character can be proficient in.
- Feats: A reference for all feats your character can gain when leveling up.
|Attack Roll||The roll you make to determine whether an attack hits an enemy at all.|
|Damage Roll||The roll you make to determine the amount of damage done by a successful attack.|
|Saving Throw||The roll you make to attempt avoiding various threats other than direct attacks.|
|Ability Check||The roll you make when attempting anything else that requires a roll to succeed.|
|Advantage||A simple D&D 5E mechanic that adds a lot of flavor to die rolls.|
|Ability Score Modifier||Understand how the Ability Scores of your character affect your rolls.|
|Proficiency Bonus||Learn how your rolls improve based on whether you have Proficiency.|
Character Creation[edit | edit source]
Check out the Game Mechanics above to understand the various benefits you can gain from a custom character. Or skip that and just go by what looks fun!
Main page: Character Creation
Character Abilities[edit | edit source]
Learn about the various abilities creatures can have in Baldur's Gate 3.
Main page: Character Abilities
- Player Actions
- Weapon Actions
The World[edit | edit source]
Learn about the various locations and characters in Baldur's Gate 3.
- List of Locations: Learn about the various places you can travel to.
- List of Creature Types: Learn about the various types of creatures in the game.
- Campsite: The place you go for Long Rest, item storage, interactions with Camp Followers, and intimate interactions with Companions.
- Companions: See here for Origin Characters as well as non-Origin Companions that can join your party.
- Camp Followers: Not to be confused with Companions, these NPCs will travel with you and appear at the Campsite.
- Non-player Characters: See here for various notable Enemies, Bosses, or other NPCs that have a name or are otherwise notable.
Items[edit | edit source]
Learn about the various pieces of equipment, consumable items, and so on.
- Equipment: Weapons, Armour, Jewelry, and so on.
- Consumables: Ammunition, Potions, Scrolls, and Camping Supplies.
- Miscellaneous: Gemstones, Crafting Ingredients, Story Items, Tools, etc.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Here you will find guides that tell you what to do to advance in the game, in case you find yourself stuck or want to check in advance which outcomes are possible.
Other[edit | edit source]
Various other pages and resources you may be interested in.
- Early Access
- Panel from Hell
- Patch notes
- Larian Studios Feedback form (Baldur's Gate is already selected)
- Baldur's Gate 3 Interactive Maps on Map Genie
- Fextralife Baldur's Gate 3 Wiki: The commercial alternative
Copyright and Licensing[edit | edit source]
Unlike certain other wikis, which claim exclusive copyright ownership over your contributions, any content you write for this wiki remains your property, but is published under the CC-BY-NC-SA license, meaning it becomes a public good for the whole community.
Hosting and Financing[edit | edit source]
This project is purely non-commercial and it will never show ads. It might ask for donations if it becomes pricey to host due to increased traffic or volume of file uploads.