This unofficial, non-commercial fan wiki for Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Studios is licensed under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), unless otherwise stated (see exceptions below).
Unlike certain other wikis, which claim exclusive copyright ownership over your contributions, any content you write for this wiki remains your property, but is published under the above license, meaning it becomes a public good for the whole community.
You can use our wiki for the following purposes: research, private study, education, parody, satire, criticism, review or news reporting.
Crediting the Wiki
In order to properly credit our wiki, please do one or more of the following.
- Backlinking (text pieces of any length and mod pages on Nexusmods, Thunderstore, Steam Workshop, etcetera...)
- Shout-out with a link on screen (media of any length)
- Link in the description box (media of any length)
- Link as a pinned comment (media of any length)
- Link in any captions or alt-text (images)
Fonts and Original Logos
All fonts and original logos used in this wiki are licensed under Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0).
Our current logo is a large gold W in the font Sherwood with distressed details added. This was designed by HINK.
Larian Studios' Fan Content Policy
"We greatly value interaction with our community and you keep surprising us with the projects you come up with (Fan Content).
We are getting a lot of questions about what you can or can’t do with Larian Studios’ intellectual property (IP). While we tend to be liberal about what we allow, we do need to set some boundaries to protect our interests.
So here are the 5 guidelines we ask you to live/work/create by:
1. Keep it FREE. You can use Larian Studios’ IP (except for the restrictions listed in #3) to make Fan Content you share with the community for free. Free means:
- You can’t require payments, surveys, downloads, subscriptions, or email registration to access your Fan Content;
- You can’t sell or license your Fan Content to any third parties for any type of compensation; and
- Your Fan Content must be free for others (including Larian Studios) to view, access, share, and use without paying you anything or seeking your permission.
To be clear, we don’t have a problem with you taking advantage of sponsorships, ad revenue, and donations—so long as:
- You don’t use a sponsor that would be harmful to Larian Studios, like endorsing offensive or polarizing sponsors;
- You make it clear (verbally or visually) that they are acting as a sponsor only;
- You do not associate Larian Studios with your sponsor in any way; and
- The sponsoring does not interfere with the community’s access to your Fan Content.
2. Keep it clear it’s FAN Content. When sharing your creations, don’t create confusion about the nature of your work. Make sure it’s clear, that your content is not endorsed or sponsored by Larian Studios—i.e. its unofficial.
3. Keep it honest. Respect people’s IP, both ours and that of others.
This means, we ask you:
- Not to use Larian Studios’ logos and trademarks.
- Not to tinker with the legal notices in our creations. If the Larian Studios IP you are incorporating into your Fan Content already has copyright notices, logos, trademarks, or other notices existing within it, don’t remove them;
- Not to use our IP in other games. This includes your own or other people’s games or game components (e.g. rule books, tokens, figures), regardless of whether it is distributed for free;
- Don’t use Larian Studios’ Video or Music in your Fan Content. Simply embedding a video from an authorized third-party’s website (e.g., Twitch or YouTube) is ok though.
As well as to:
- Refrain from using other people’s stuff in your Content. If we learn that your Fan Content also includes other people’s IP (e.g., crossovers/mashups) without their permission, we may ask you to take it down.
4. Keep it clean. We reserve the right to stop or restrict your use of Larian Studios’ IP at any time, including when we think your use is inappropriate, offensive, damaging, or disparaging (and we’ll make that call in our sole discretion). If this happens, you must immediately take down your Fan Content.
If you have any questions or the Fan Content you want to make isn’t covered by this Policy, contact us via email@example.com. We’ll reply back as soon as we can. Please understand that if you don’t hear from us, it does not mean we approve of your requested use of Larian Studios’ IP."