Glyph of Warding: Detonation
Glyph of Warding: Detonation is a Level 3 Abjuration Spell. This spell is a variant of the Level 3 Abjuration Spell, Glyph of Warding. This variant of the spell allows spellcasters to inscribe a ward that explodes and pushes everyone back when triggered.
The glyph will last until triggered, or until a Long Rest.
Only one glyph can be active at a time.
- Action + Level 3 Spell Slot
- Range: 9 m / 30 ft
- AoE: 4 m / 13 ft (Radius)
At higher levelsCasting this spell at a higher level grants no additional benefit.
How to learn
This spell is a variation of:
Glyph of Warding
- Only those considered an enemy can trigger the glyph. For the player's party this is indicated via a red circle beneath the creature, red outlines when highlighted, and denoted by a red dot on the minimap. Neutral, friendly, and allied creatures (highlighted yellow/green/blue respectively) can safely go through the glyph.
- This makes using the glyph as a trap difficult for many encounters. Specifically, those that normally only consider creatures hostile after dialogue.
- When the glyph is triggered, everyone within the area is affected, regardless of allegiance.
- When the spellcaster is surrounded by enemies, sometimes it is worth throwing the glyph down right at their feet.