Enlarge is a Level 2 Transmutation Spell. This spell allows spellcasters to increase a creature's body size. Affected creatures deal more damage with their weapons and gain Advantage on Strength Checks and Saving Throws.
This spell is a variant of Enlarge/Reduce.
Make a creature larger.
How to Learn
- Class Level 3: Sorcerer and Wizard
- Class Level 8: Arcane Trickster Rogue and Eldritch Knight Fighter
- Character Level 3: Duergar
(Character Level is the sum of all Class Levels for a multi-classed character.)
- The Constitution Saving Throw only applies when the spell is cast on a non-party member.
- When Duergar cast this spell as a racial ability, it can only be cast once per Long Rest.
- Enlarge increases the Size category of the target creature by 1. This affects the maximum size of creature it can Throw or use as an Improvised Melee Weapon, and vice-versa. For example, a creature of Medium size can only throw creatures of Small size or smaller. When Enlarged, a Medium creature becomes Large and can throw other creatures of Medium size or smaller.
- While not stated in the spell description, Enlarge also increases the weight of the target creature. The formula used is:
Original Weight * 2.35 = New Weight (plus additional weight, if needed, to place creature in the correct size category)(See Creature Size for more information.)
- Unarmed Strikes are affected by Enlarge.