Hex (Wisdom) is a Level 1 Enchantment Spell. This spell allows spellcasters to put a curse on a creature and deal additional Necrotic damage to them. The curse also imposes Disadvantage on the creature's Wisdom checks.
Hex (Wisdom) is a variant of the Hex spell.
At Higher LevelsUpcast: Casting this spell at a higher level doesn't grant any additional benefits.
Condition: Hex: Wisdom
How to Learn
- If the target dies before the spell ends, gain Reapply Hex.
- Hex damage is applied multiple times for multiple successful Attack Rolls. Example scenarios:
- Warlock hits the target with a melee or ranged weapon attack: additional 1d6Necrotic.
- Level 1 Warlock casts Eldritch Blast and hits the target: additional 1d6Necrotic.
- Level 5 Warlock casts Eldritch Blast and hits the target with both rays: additional 2d6Necrotic, for hitting twice.
- Level 3 Warlock casts Scorching Ray and hits the target with all three rays: additional 3d6Necrotic, for hitting three times.
- Level 5 Warlock casts Scorching Ray and hits the target with all four rays: additional 4d6Necrotic, for hitting four times.
- Hex is only triggered by hitting the target with a successful Attack Roll, and not by other sources of damage. Example scenarios:
- In Early Access Patch 9, there is a bugged interaction between Hex and the Eldritch Invocation Agonising Blast, which causes Agonising Blast bonus damage to be applied an extra time for each instance of Hex damage.
- In the case of a level 5 Warlock with two Eldritch Blast beams, this means Agonising Blast damage will be applied a total of 4 times, if both beams hit: once for each beam, and once for each instance of Hex damage.