Jump to navigation Jump to search
Helmet with connections to Auntie Ethel.
Soft, unintelligible whispers seep from the dark wood, ringing in your ears and resounding in your skull.
- Required Proficiency: None
- Rarity: Common
- Weight: 0.5 kg / 1 lb
- Price: 1 gp
The wearer of this item gains:
- Part of the Flock: Auntie Ethel welcomes you, dearie.
- While Auntie Ethel is alive, the wearer of this mask must make a Wisdom Save every turn. If failed, they become a Hag's Pawn (controlled by Auntie Ethel).
- The negative effects of this mask can be prevented by casting Protection from Evil and Good before equipping the mask (note: seems not to work as of hotfix 5).
- If Auntie Ethel is dead, the mask can be worn with no ill effects.
- Uncanny Sight: Can see objects hidden to the unaided eye.
Where to Find
- Four of these masks can be found on a table in the Overgrown Tunnel Entrance Gallery beneath the Riverside Teahouse, just before the Gnarled Door blocking your path.
- Also dropped by Mask of Vengeance, Mask of Servitude, Mask of Regret, and Mask of Terror, the thralls located in the Overgrown Tunnel.
- Removing a Whispering Mask from an unconscious NPC kills them.