Jump to navigation Jump to search
Danse Macabre is a 5th level Necromancy spell that summons 4 uncontrollable Ghouls to fight for you.
Create 4 ghouls that fight alongside you.
- Each Ghoul has a chance to Paralyse the target on hit (DC 5 Constitution Save).
- Only available through items as a once per Recharge: Long rest action that does not consume a Spell Slot.
How to learn
- The ghouls are also able to bite a target that is Prone, Knocked Out, or Sleeping. The damage dealt through biting will be regained as Hit Points. [Needs Verification]
- This spell can only be acquired by completing the quest Unlock the Ancient Tome, in Act Three, which fully unlocks the secrets of the Necromancy of Thay.
- The ghouls are immune to Demonspirit Madness. This prevents them from being driven Mad due to a failed Wisdom saving throw when the summoner wears .
- Currently (09/13/2023) the Necromancy Wizard subclass is causing this spell to summon 5 ghouls instead of 4. Spell tooltip unchanged.
- The Ghouls explode when killed, dealing Necrotic area-of-effect damage. This can destroy other Ghouls as a chain reaction and hurt nearby party members as well.