Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hide is a Bonus Action that allows the user to conceal their location.
Description[edit | edit source]
Try to conceal yourself.
Hiding depends on your Stealth and whether you are Obscured. Attacking or casting spells reveals your location.
Properties[edit | edit source]
- Attempt to hide from view.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using the Hide ability while standing nearby and within line of sight of any creature (aside from party members and minions) causes the Hide attempt to immediately fail with no roll.
- While hidden, if a creature enters line of sight of an enemy creature, they must immediately roll a Stealth check against the enemy creature's Passive Perception.
- Lines of sight ('vision cones') of nearby enemies and other NPCs can be viewed by holding the Show Sneak Cones key (Default hotkey: Left Shift).
- Lines of sight can be manipulated to create an opening for a pickpocketing or ambush attempt by creating a distraction, such as casting the Minor Illusion cantrip.