Auntie Ethel's Hair
- Single Use
- Rarity: Common
- Weight: 0.2 kg / 0.4 lb
- Price: 280 gp
Consuming this piece of fey flesh grants a permanent +1 bonus to an Ability Score of your choice.
Where to find
After Auntie Ethel is weakened (below 20% Hit Points) and has a turn to act, she begs for her life and implores you to let her keep Mayrina and her baby, offering you power in return. The player has the possibility to intimidate or deceive Auntie Ethel to free Mayrina and get this power both, at the cost of letting Auntie Ethel go.
This stat increase appears to be uncapped, taking effect after other items/bonus' that raise stats to a capped amount.
There is a known bug where, if Auntie Ethel's Hair is in the player's inventory when the Owlbear Cub appears at camp for the first time and the player feeds the cub, the cub will automatically "eat" Auntie Ethel's Hair instead of any other camp supplies. The hair will disappear from the player's inventory.
- Leave one party member hidden and out of combat, while the rest of the party whittle Auntie Ethel's Hit Points down to a range where the next hit will guarantee a kill. (Check Sidenotes below).
- When the dialogue is triggered, successfully intimidate or deceive her to both give you the hair and free Mayrina, but do not end the dialogue.
- Switch to the out of combat party member. You will be shown the quest reward window that lets you choose which version (ability score) of the hair you want.
- Confirm the quest reward window, then finish off Auntie Ethel while she's still in dialogue with the other party members.
- This method does not work in a multiplayer game.
- It is recommended to get her Hit Points down as low as possible because you will only get one chance to attack her, otherwise the out of combat character will be dragged into the dialogue and she will escape.
- This method might not always leave a corpse to be looted