Create a cloud of magical darkness that Heavily Obscures and Blinds creatures within. Creatures cannot make ranged attacks into or out of it.
At Higher LevelsUpcast: Casting this spell at a higher level doesn't grant any additional benefits.
The spell creates a cloud with the following properties.
- AoE: 5 m / 17 ft (Radius)
- Duration: 10 turns
Creatures within the area are affected by the following conditions:
How to Learn
- Class Level 3: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard, and Circle of the Land Druid (Swamp)
- Class Level 5: Oathbreaker Paladin
- Class Level 6: College of Lore Bard via Magical Secrets
- Class Level 7: Eldritch Knight Fighter
- Class Level 8: Arcane Trickster Rogue
- Class Level 10: Bard via Magical Secrets
(Character Level is the sum of all Class Levels for a multi-classed character.)
- Drow, Drow Half-Elfs, and Asmodeus Tieflings can only cast the spell once per Long Rest.
- Way of Shadow Monks gain the ability to cast this spell at level 3, at the cost of 2Ki Points.
- Effects that grant sight in magical darkness, such as the Warlock Eldritch Invocation Devil's Sight, Eversight Ring from act 2, and Helldusk Helmet from act 3, allow ranged attacks into and out of this spell's area.