Eldritch Knights study magic to supplement their weaponry, allowing them to overcome resistance from the toughest foes.
Eldritch Knight is one of the Subclasses of Fighter. These Fighters are more specialized in spellcasting (from the Wizard Spell List). They utilize their martial prowess and magic to attack enemies or support allies in combat. Eldritch Knights use Intelligence as their spellcasting modifier.
Subclass Features[edit | edit source]
Level 3[edit | edit source]
- Level 1 Spell Slots Unlocked: 2 (You gain two Level 1 Spell Slots.)
- Cantrips (Choose 2):
- Known Spells: Choose 2 Spells from the Eldritch Knight Spell List (schools of Abjuration or Evocation only). These spells are Always Prepared.
- New Level 1 Abjuration and Evocation spells available:
- Known Spells: Choose 1 Spell from the Wizard Spell List (any spell school). This spell is Always Prepared.
- New Level 1 spells available:
Level 4[edit | edit source]
- Level 1 Spell Slots Unlocked: 3 (You gain an additional Level 1 Spell Slot.)
- Known Spells: Choose 1 Spell from the Eldritch Knight Spell List (schools of Abjuration or Evocation only). This spell is Always Prepared.
Eldritch Knight Spellcasting Chart[edit | edit source]
|Fighter Level||Cantrips Known||Spells Known|
|Level 4 to 6||2||4|
|Level 8 to 9||2||6*|
|Level 11 to 12||3||8|
|Level 14 to 15||3||10*|
|Level 16 to 18||3||11|
*One spell learned at this level can be from any spell school (must still be of a level for which the Eldritch Knight has spell slots).
Eldritch Knight Spell List[edit | edit source]
Eldritch Knight primarily learns Wizard spells from the schools of Abjuration and Evocation, but can also learn one spell from any spell school at levels 3, 8, 14, and 20.
The following spell list only includes the schools of Abjuration and Evocation. For the full list of Wizard spells from every spell school, see Wizard Spell List.
|Cantrips||1st Level Spells||2nd Level Spells|