Drow are a playable race in Baldur's Gate 3.
About the Drow[edit | edit source]
Drow are the dark elves of the Forgotten Realms. They dwell in the Underdark, large subterranean caverns beneath the surface.
Racial Traits[edit | edit source]
- Base Racial Speed: 9 m / 30 ft
- Drow Weapon Training: You gain Proficiency in the following:
- Superior Darkvision: You can see in the dark up to 24 m / 80 ft
- Fey Ancestry: You have Advantage on Saving Throws against being Charmed, and magic can't put you to Sleep.
- Keen Senses: You gain Proficiency in the Perception skill.
- Drow Magic: You gain access to the following Spells:
NPC Features[edit | edit source]
While player-characters do not, certain NPC Drow characters will have the following passive feature in addition to the above:
Lolth-Sworn Drow[edit | edit source]
Raised by Lolth's cult in the city of Menzoberranzan, these drow extol the virtues of their corrupt and merciless goddess. Lolth marks her followers with bright red eyes so the Underdark will learn to fear Drow on sight.
- Lolth-Sworn Drow do not gain any additional racial features but do gain access to certain locked dialogue choices.
- By default, Lolth-Sworn Drow have red eyes.
- The dialogue options for Lolth-Sworn Drow are considerably evil, for example, threatening the pickpocket kids at the Druid Grove of enslavement in the Underdark, or encouraging Kagha to kill the Tiefling child.
Seldarine Drow[edit | edit source]
Drow are the result of an ancient schism between the elven dieties Corellon Larethian and Lolth. The latter's treachery drove the drow into the Underdark, where they splintered into warring factions. Seldarine drow can be found seeking allies from all over Faerûn, aiming to settle their conflict with Lolth - and themselves - by any means necessary.
- Seldarine Drow do not gain any additional racial features but do gain access to certain locked dialogue choices.
- By default, Seldarine Drow do not have red eyes.
Religions[edit | edit source]
The Cult of Lolth[edit | edit source]
The much-reviled matriarch of the drow pantheon, Lolth holds sway over spiders, the Underdark, and the wicked creatures of the Demonweb Pits. Her primary goal is to corrupt all drow, transforming them into heartless cultists.
The Clergy of Eilistraee[edit | edit source]
Eilistraee is the goddess of good-aligned drow, beauty, song, and freedom. The Dark Maiden desires balance between all races, and struggles against her mother Lolth's corrupt aims.
Notable Drow[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]