Wild Shape is an Action gained by Druids at Level 2 that allows them to magically transform into various creatures in order to fight in combat or explore the environment.
Magically assume the shape of a beast. While in animal shape, you can't talk or cast Spells.
When your beast form drops to 0 Hit Points, you revert to your normal form.
- Action + Wild Shape Charge
- Grants access to the forms Wild Shape: Badger, Wild Shape: Cat, Wild Shape: Spider, and Wild Shape: Wolf.
- Your physical Ability Scores ( Strength, Dexterity, Constitution) become the Ability Scores of the creature while Wild Shaped. Your Hit Points and Armour Class also become that of the transformed creature.
- When you reach 0 Hit Points, you revert back to your original form (with the same Hit Points you had before Wild Shaping). If you take damage that reduces the Wild Shape form's Hit Points below 0, the remaining damage is applied to your original form.
- If a Concentration Spell was cast before entering Wild Shape, you do not lose Concentration on the spell after Wild Shaping.
- You can't cast spell but furthermore can't do any action outside of those available to your Wild Shape.
- Your equipped items are merged into your beast form and do not have any effect until you revert back.
- You retain your normal Skill and Saving Throw Proficiencies while Wild Shaped, but the total bonuses for Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution-based rolls are influenced by your new animal form ability scores.
- Your beast form has a fixed number of base Hit Points that increase every two levels that you advance in the Druid class after unlocking each unique creature type.
- The Hitpoint-Increase is calculated by a factor depending on the shape you are using: - Sabre-Tooth, Panther: 1.15 - Myrmidons, Rothe, Owlbear: 1.2 - Bear, Badger, Spider: 1.3 - Wolf: 1.4
Current Hitpoints = Base Hit Points * (Factor ^ #of2levelups) rounded
e.g. Bear Lvl 8 = 30 * (1,3^3) = 65.91 => 66 HP
- There is a certain increase to damage for some of the attacks. The first increase is gained at Level 4 as follows: - d4: Bear: Claws; Dire Raven: Beak and Rend Vision; Panther: Bite; Owlbear: Rupture, Claws and Crushing Flight - d6: Badger: Bite; Spider: Bite; Rothe: Gore and Charge; Panther: Jugular Strike and Pounce The increase is set at Level 4 so the Rothe, Raven, Panther and Owlbear get them right from the start. At Level 8 these dice increase by one so a d4 becomes d6, d6 becomes d8 etc.
At Higher Levels
- At 4th level grants access to the form Wild Shape: Deep Rothé.
- At 6th level grants access to the forms Wild Shape: Panther and Wild Shape: Owlbear.
- At 10th level grants access to the form Wild Shape: Dilophosaurus.
All Wild Shape Forms
|Creature||Level Learned||Base AC||Dex Mod to AC||AC||HP (Base)||HP (At Level 12)||STR||DEX||CON|
How to Learn
- Class Level 2: Druid