This location is also known as the Putrid Bog.
Area Information[edit | edit source]
The Sunlit Wetlands is a peaceful and picturesque location south of the Blighted Village.
Breaking the Illusion[edit | edit source]
There are several ways to break the illusion and reveal the true appearance of this location:
- Upon entering the area, the character will be given the option to make an Investigation check to see through and break the illusion. Monks, Sorcerers, Warlocks, Wizards, and Oath of the Ancients Paladins will have an additional class-based option they can select which will reduce the difficulty of breaking the illusion.
- By speaking to one of the sheep in the area, which is really a Redcap or Redcap Blood Sage in disguise. If successful on an Animal Handling check, the character will realize the sheep is an illusion, causing the location's illusion to fail.
- Attacking one of the sheep, which will force the character into combat with the Redcaps, breaking the illusion.
- Having Auntie Ethel reveal her true hag form.
Spike Traps[edit | edit source]
Spread throughout the deeper water are spike traps that when triggered will inflict Bleeding and Open Wound with no Saving Throw. A DC 15 Constitution Save is needed to overcome the Open Wound, which will progress to Rotting and lastly Flesh Rot which have the same saving throw requirements. Any form of healing will cure the Open wound condition, preventing it from getting worse. Activating these traps doesn't remove the illusion on the wetlands.
The traps also aren't removed when triggered, allowing them cause harm constantly unless disabled with a Sleight of Hand check with a Trap Disarm Toolkit at a DC 10. Considering how many traps there are, it is better to avoid them by staying away from deep water instead of wasting toolkits which are hard to come by for now.
Barbed Bulrush[edit | edit source]
Scattered around the wetlands are a bulrushs that hold poisonous apples. When the plants are interacted, the character will automatically do a Sleight of Hand check at DC 10 or risk getting an Open Wound which can progressively become infected as detailed in the spike traps. It is best to avoid touching these plants as all.
Related Quests[edit | edit source]
- Remove the Parasite
- Save Mayrina
- The Pale Elf
- Save the Refugees
Related Locations[edit | edit source]
- Riverside Teahouse
- Decrepit Sanctuary
- Blighted Village
Notable Loot[edit | edit source]
Notable items obtained in this location, whether looted, purchased, or obtained as a quest reward:
- Letter to Kagha - In a hidden wooden crevice on the southern side of the massive tree stump in the Decrepit Sanctuary. X: 85 Y: 212
- The Sparkle Hands - In a chest at the base of the giant tree stump in the Decrepit Sanctuary. X: 93 Y: 211
- Wood Woad Shield - On one of the Wood Woads guarding the Decrepit Sanctuary.
Hidden Treasure[edit | edit source]
X: 2 Y: 215
A buried chest on the east most end of the beach, just past a bloody camp site just north of the Decrepit Sanctuary.
X: 90 Y: 281
Notable NPCs[edit | edit source]
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Once the illusion has been broken, the map name changes from Sunlit Wetlands to Putrid Bog. The music also changes.