Jump to navigation Jump to search
Main Page > Character Creation > Backgrounds > Outlander
"You grew up in the wilds, learning to survive far from the comforts of civilisation. Surviving unusual hazards of the wild will enhance your prowess and understanding."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Athletics Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Strength (Athletics) Ability Checks.
- Survival Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Wisdom (Survival) Ability Checks.
Inspirations[edit | edit source]
Spoiler warning: The following content may contain story spoilers. Read at your own risk.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- Abyss Jumper: Enter the Underdark through the bottomless well.
- A Mother's Fury: Triumph over the mother Owlbear.
- A Noble Endeavor: Effectively use a noblestalk mushroom.
- Clever Cuckoo: Steal from the giant bird's nest in the Underdark.
- Cub Tamer: Succesfully tame the owlbear cub.
- Cursebreaker: Discover the curse of Yeenoghu and destroy his hienas.
- Eyes Of The Wild: See past the illusion covering the swamp.
- Mushroom Enthusiast: Destroy each kind of hazardous Underdark mushroom.
- Nest Egg: Take an item from the Carrion Crawler nest.
- Rock Steady: Survive the bandit's rolling boulder trap.
- Sticky Fingers: Secure the pouch from the spider crevice.
- Walking On Air: Successfully use a fairy ring.