"You grew up in the wilds, learning to survive far from the comforts of civilisation. Surviving unusual hazards of the wild will enhance your prowess and understanding."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Athletics Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Strength (Athletics) Ability Checks.
- Survival Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Wisdom (Survival) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- A Mother's Fury: Triumph over the mother Owlbear.
- A Noble Endeavor: Effectively use a noblestalk mushroom.
- Abyss Jumper: Enter the Underdark through the bottomless well.
- Clever Cuckoo: Steal from the giant bird's nest in the Underdark.
- Cub Tamer: Successfully tame the owlbear cub.
- Cursebreaker: Discover the curse of Yeenoghu and destroy his hyenas.
- Eyes Of The Wild: See past the illusion covering the swamp.
- Mushroom Enthusiast: Destroy each kind of hazardous Underdark mushroom.
- Nest Egg: Take an item from the Carrion Crawler nest.
- Rock Steady: Survive the bandit's rolling boulder trap.
- Sticky Fingers: Secure the pouch from the spider crevice.
- The Floor Is Lava: Defeat the Lava Elemental in the lava lake.
- Walking On Air: Successfully use a fairy ring.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- Always a Step Ahead of the Darkness: Reach Nightsong without having been affected by the shadow curse.
- Bumps in the Dark: Conquer three combat encounters in the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
- Child's Play: Beat Oliver at hide and seek without alerting the shadow creatures.
- Delving into the Deep: Enter the oubliette... for better or for worse.
- Embracing the Environment: Survive two rounds of the shadow curse.
- From Head to Toe: Explore all sections of the mind flayer colony.
- Grove Keeper's Keeper: Protect Halsin's Portal while he saves the spirit of the land.
- Mutual Respect: Meet the tadpole-hunting cat.
- Never Liked Stairs: Enter a restricted area in Moonrise Towers from the outside.
- No Cursed Stone Left Unturned: Explore each key area of the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
- Sleeping in the Dark: Take a full Long Rest in the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
- Tools of the Trade: Obtain the orthon's crossbow.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- Beneath the Gate: Enter the Undercellar.
- Catastrophic Structural Failure: Blow up the Steel Watch Foundry.
- Cat's Got Your Tongue?: Find the missing letters.
- Down to the Depths Below: Enter the Iron Throne.
- Enlisted Avian: Meet Commander Lightfeather.
- For Once, a Warm Meal: Obtain room and board at the Elfsong Tavern.
- Gifts of the Wilds: Give raw goods as a donation.
- Horizon Walker: Travel through the House of Hope portal.
- Macabre Hunt: Find all the pieces of Dribbles' body and return them to Lucretious.
- Nature of the Beast: Discover the fate of the Githyanki egg.
- Primary Needs: Tame the dilophosaurus, making it non-hostile.
- Solemn Farewell: Witness the Gur funeral.
- The Face of Evil: Reach the Temple of Bhaal.