Inspiration is a game mechanic in Baldur's Gate 3. Inspiration can be used to reroll a failed Ability Check.
You may have up to 4 Inspiration Points at a time.
Inspiration is shared between all characters, so you have a maximum of 4 inspirations for the whole party not per character, and if one character gains inspiration it is added to the pool so another can use it.
Gaining Inspiration[edit | edit source]
Inspiration Points can be gained by completing specific actions that reflect a character's Background while that character is in your active party.
See each individual background's page for a list of Inspiration-granting actions:
- Acolyte (Shadowheart and Zenith Feur'sel)
- Charlatan (Astarion and Kree Derryck)
- Criminal (Ver'yll Wenkiir)
- Entertainer (Brinna Brightsong)
- Folk Hero (Wyll, Minsc and Danton)
- Guild Artisan (Jacelyn)
- Noble (Minthara and Kerz)
- Outlander (Karlach, Halsin, Eldra Luthrinn and Sina'zith)
- Sage (Gale and Sir Fuzzalump)
- Soldier (Lae'zel, Jaheira and Varanna Sunblossom)
- Urchin (Maddala Deadeye)
All backgrounds apply to custom origin characters except Haunted One.
When a party member earns an Inspiration Point, they also gain experience based on their level: