Way of the Four Elements
Way of the Four Elements is one of the subclasses of monk. These monks are more specialized in using their Ki to channel the elements to influence the battlefield. Rather than focusing on physical techniques that the other Monk subclasses focus on, Way of the Four Elements focuses on abilities that mimic Wizard spells, turning monks into a hybrid spellcaster. Way of the Four Elements "spells" are not true Spells, though they are called that in-game. They trigger Unarmed Strike, can be cast while Silenced, do not consume spell slots, and cannot be Counterspelled. They also do not trigger Mage Slayer: Attack Caster[Needs Verification].
Subclass features[edit | edit source]
This subclass obtains all the features from its base class, Monk, in addition to its unique features outlined below.
Level 3[edit | edit source]
Disciple of the Elements[edit | edit source]
- You can use ki to power magical spells that harnesses the elements.
- The DC for any of these spells is equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier. Equipment that increases your Spell Save DC also boosts your Saving Throw DC.
- These spells also trigger Unarmed Strike.
- While not in combat, regain half your Ki Point (rounded down). Restores on long rest.
Level 6[edit | edit source]
- Select 1 spell from the Spell List:
Level 9[edit | edit source]
- Select 1 spell from the Spell List
- Fist of Four Thunders damage increases to 3d8Thunder (from 2d8)
- Fist of Unbroken Air damage increases to 4d10Bludgeoning (from 3d10)
- Sweeping Cinder Strike damage increases to 4d6Fire (from 3d6)
- Touch of the Storm damage increases to 2d10Lightning (from 1d10)
- Water Whip damage increases to 4d10Bludgeoning (from 3d10)
- Clench of the North Wind can hold an additional creature.
- Embrace of the Inferno fires an additional ray.
- Gong of the Summit damage increases to 4d8Thunder (from 3d8)
Level 11[edit | edit source]
- Select 1 spell from the Spell List.
- New Spells:
Spell list[edit | edit source]
Level 3 spells[edit | edit source]
Level 6 spells[edit | edit source]
Level 11 spells[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Subclasses||Way of the Four Elements • Way of the Open Hand • Way of Shadow|
|Ki-Fueled Abilities||Flurry of Blows • Patient Defence • Step of the Wind ( Dash • Disengage) • Stunning Strike ( Melee • Unarmed)|
|Other Class Features||Unarmoured Defence • Martial Arts ( Dextrous Attacks • Deft Strikes • Bonus Unarmed Strike) • Unarmoured Movement • Slow Fall • Extra Attack • Ki-Empowered Strikes • Evasion • Stillness of Mind • Advanced Unarmoured Movement • Purity of Body|