"A wicked moment, person, or thing that cannot be slain by sword or spell haunts your mind and flickers in your peripheral vision. You carry it wherever your adventure takes you - or perhaps it carries you."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Medicine Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Wisdom (Medicine) Ability Checks.
- Intimidation Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Charisma (Intimidation) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
General[edit | edit source]
- Indulge Thine Appetites: Follow your Dark Urge.
- Killing Spree: Kill 5 enemies in a single round.
- Unfriendly Fire: Defeat 5 neutral creatures in a single round.
- Subdue Thine Appetites: Resist your Dark Urge.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- Unfamiliar Familiarity: Release Withers from his tomb.
- Reuniting Friends: Kill Brynna and Andrick, reuniting them with their fallen companion.
- To Sleep, Perchance To Dream Tentacled Dreams: Close the pinned mind flayer's eyes forever.
- Camaraderie in Bloodthirst: Spill the blood of the tieflings.
- Morally Acceptable Massacre: Spill the blood of the goblins.
- Creatures of Bloodlust: Recruit the ogre mercenaries, using the corpses of your enemies as payment.
- Fresh Kindle for the Fire: Leave the pinned Benryn to burn.
- Good Ol' Long Pig: Eat a chunk of the cooked dwarf.
- Grabbing the Poker with Both Hands: Torture Liam yourself.
- Now It's a Party!: Poison the stolen ale, slaughtering the goblins.
- Snipping the Chords: Kill Alfira in cold blood.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- Fly-Swatter: Kill the trickster pixie.
- Forced Retirement: End Jaheira's career permanently.
- Lunar Eclipse: Kill the protector of Last Light.
- Lack of Moderation is Key: Kill the brewer with his own brew.
- Under the Knife: Kill the surgeon using his own servile nurses.
- Forcing Responsibility: Demand that the goblin fetch his bone.
- Lesser of the Three: Kill the envoy of Myrkul.
- Soulful Lobotomy: Torture Minthara, reducing her to a husk of her former self.
- Swimming with the Shadows: Force the Zhent smuggler to jump off the docks.
- Too Easy: Execute the useless goblins.
- Who Let the Gnolls Out: Release the gnolls from their leashes.
- Bleeding the Corpse Dry: Kill the necromancer.
- Killer Poetry: Trick the orthon with a false loophole.
- Self-Flagellation: Kill your mirror-self in Shar's trial.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- Personal Relations: Meet one of Orin's impersonations.
- Kill 'Em While They're Young: Execute the newborn mind flayer.
- Unexpected Parenting: Feed a brain to the newborn Mind Flayer.
- Cleaning Up The Scum: Kill both of the opposing smuggling factions.
- Exsanguinated Ecstasy: Accept Naoise's lewd proposition.
- Shattering the Black Hand: Kill the would-be Tyrant.
- A Massacre Beyond Imagining: Annihilate the Steel Watch Foundry with Wulbren's secret weapon.
- A Step Too Far: Save Valeria, rejecting Bhaal's gifts.
- An Overdue Slaughter: Pull off a long-overdue climax to the life of Mystic Carrion.
- Death of Innocence: Become the Unholy Assassin of Bhaal.
- Culling the Imitator: Kill the wannabe assassin.
- How High They Fall: Kill the egotistic would-be immortal.
- Re-tasting the Kill: Kill Ethel a second time - that stubborn, swampy scandal of a hag.
- Trail of Blood: Collect all the pieces of Dribbles.
- Weak Gifts for Weak Beings: Take the measly offerings to the gods for yourself.
- Homecoming: Discover the Temple of Bhaal beneath Baldur's Gate.
- Return of the Bhaalspawn: Embrace your legacy.
- Bhaalspawn No More: Reject your legacy.