"You were raised in a family among the social elite, accustomed to power and privilege. Accumulating renown, power, and loyalty will raise your status."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- History Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Intelligence (History) Ability Checks.
- Persuasion Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Charisma (Persuasion) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
General[edit | edit source]
- An Apocalyptic Deal: Accept an impossible deal.
- Dragon's Hoard: Have at least 2000 gold among the party.
- Fine By Me: Use your wealth to bribe a guard.
- Noblesse Oblige: Dismiss a companion for interrupting a conversation or Ignore the pleas or requests of a companion in dialogue.
- Penchant for Diplomacy: Reach a High level of approval with a companion.
- Soul for Sale: Acquire a Soul Coin for your personal collection.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- Bodyguards for Hire: Recruit the ogres to protect you.
- Eldritch Authority: Become a True Soul.
- A Man of Many Talents: Expand your retinue by bringing Volo to camp.
- Entitled: Earn a title from your deeds.
- Blueblood Solidarity: Learn Wyll's family history.
- Lest Ye Be Judged: Learn Astarion's history as a magistrate.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- Taxes? Never Heard of 'Em: Don't give any gold to the toll collector.
- Favour for a Favour: Wake Art for Counsellor Florrick and the Flaming Fist.
- Noble Feline: Speak with the lordly cat at Last Light.
- Patrician of the Grove: Recruit Halsin.
- A Velvet Glove: Spare the goblins.
- An Iron First: Execute the goblins.
- Can't Bribe 'Em All: Bribe Moonrise's warden.
- Ketheric's Loss: Learn Ketheric's past.
- Nobleborn as Below, so Above: Recruit Minthara.
- Top of the Ladder: Meet Ketheric at the top of Moonrise.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- Alms for the Unfortunate: Donate something to the refugees.
- Exerting Judgment: End the squabbling between the merchant and the squatters.
- Interrupted Communications: Discover where the missing letters went.
- Newfound Subject: Feed a brain to the freshly turned mindflayer.
- Press Release: Complete Lens' interview.
- The Right Oil for Any Situation: Gain access to the circus.
- Procedures be Damned: Enter Wyrm's Rock without a pass.