"Your skill in a particular craft has earned you membership in a mercantile guild, offering privileges and protection while engaging in your art. Repairing and discovering rare crafts will bring new inspiration."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Insight Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Wisdom (Insight) Ability Checks.
- Persuasion Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Charisma (Persuasion) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
General[edit | edit source]
- A Golden Masterpiece: Sell an item worth at least 1000 gold.
- Valued Costumer: Trade with someone who has High approval of you.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- A New Vision: Reforge the broken spear.
- An Acquired Taste: Drink one of Ethel's unique potions.
- An Artist in Need: Rescue Oskar the painter from the Zhentarim.
- Art Endures: Craft something in the Adamantine Forge.
- Expert Opinion: Evaluate the ruins in Grymforge and share your findings with the duergar mason.
- In Working Order: Repair the elevator in the Zhentarim hideout.
- Mind Over Mushroom: Gather ingredients for Omeluum's potion.
- Regeneration: Restore power to the elevator in the Arcane Tower.
- The Apprentice Turns Master: Craft Nettie's antidote in the cauldron.
- The Finest Ingredients: Create a masterwork item from Sussur Tree Bark.
- The Spider's Gift: Identify the drow armour near Waukeen's Rest.
- Trash & Treasure: Observe the effects of the Chest of the Mundane.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- Blood, Sweat, and the Other Thing: Give your blood to Araj Oblodra.
- Confiscated Works: Acquire a magical item from the toll collector's confiscation chest.
- Dark Machinations: Fill all sockets with Sharran gems in the Gauntlet of Shar.
- Hellish Armaments: Obtain a piece of infernal equipment from Dammon.
- Inhuman Trials: Witness a horrid operation in the cursed house of healing.
- Made of Shadows: Unlock and take the Spear of Rampant Night.
- Ruthless Craftsmanship: Take Shar's ceremonial dagger.
- Simple Tools, Great Works: Return Wulbren's tools to him.
- Special Iced Arsenic... Brew?: Craft some Brewed-Up Bellygummer.
- Tragedy in Masonry: Discover the fate of the mason.
- Trust and a Little Pixie Dust: Investigate the Moonlantern and find its power source.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- Alternative Voices: Partake in the lurid services of Sharess' Caress
- Dream Big: Describe your perfect weapon to Danthelon.
- Following Instructions: Return the Sentient Amulet to Shirra.
- Immoral Ingenuity: Discover the booby-trapped toys.
- Mating Season: Discover the source of the displacer beast's infatuation.