Jump to navigation Jump to search
Main Page > Character Creation > Backgrounds > Charlatan
"You’re an expert in manipulation, prone to exaggeration and more than happy to profit from it. Bending the truth and turning allies against each other will lead to greater success down the road."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Deception Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Charisma (Deception) Ability Checks.
- Sleight of Hand Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) Ability Checks.
Inspirations[edit | edit source]
Spoiler warning: The following content may contain story spoilers. Read at your own risk.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- A Better Offer: Convince the pit spiders to attack the goblins.
- Anything For A Profit: Steal the toe ring from Crusher without getting caught.
- Cheese Your Way Through: Talk your way past the bandits and enter the chapel.
- Devil's Advocate: Interrogate the dead mind flayer without drawing suspicion.
- Flexible Diplomacy: Betray the tieflings after convincing them to free Lae'zel.
- Just Passing Through: Trick the goblins in Moonhaven.
- Merciless: Manipulate the Flind into eating itself.
- Mirror Master: Trick the magic mirror in the Thayan cellar.
- One of Us: Use the hag's mask to peacefully bypass her thralls.
- Silver Blades, Silver Tongue: Convince Kith'rak Voss to leave without violence.
- Spiked: Poison the beer in the Goblin Camp.
- The Importance of Networking: Talk your way into the Zhentarim Hideout.
- Very Important Parasite: Deceive any of the guards in the Goblin Camp.