"You live to sway and subvert your audience, engaging common crowds and high society alike. Preserving art and bringing joy to the hapless and downtrodden heightens your charismatic aura."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Acrobatics Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Dexterity (Acrobatics) Ability Checks.
- Performance Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Charisma (Performance) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- A Bard's Muse: Inspire Alfira the bard.
- A Story for the Ages: Turn someone to your side with a well-timed tale. Paladin Bard
- A Very Tall Tale: Tell Volo a dramatic story fit for a chapbook.
- Made You Look: Earn Mattis' respect by taking his ring.
- The Price of Ink: Free Oskar the painter from the Zhentarim.
- Chicken Chase Extraordinaire: Win a match of chicken chase.
- Feel the Beat: Successfully perform on the goblin war drum. DC 10 Performance check
- Give Them A Show: Get the goblins on your side while duelling Crusher.
- Defeat Crusher in a duel and, after he surrenders, choose the Intimidate option to make him kiss your foot.
- Life of the Party: Take part in the Goblin Camp's toast.
- The Art of Agony: Perform for Loviatar's pleasure in her ritual.
- Celebrant: Enjoy a dance in camp with the tieflings.
- Heart of the Creator: Perform in a play with Bernard the automaton.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- A Tale of Two Souls: Complete the saga of Art, Halsin and the spirit of the land.
- Plucking the Lyre's Web: Play the Spider's Lyre to attract the drider.
- Living Legend: Accept Jaheira's invitation to talk.
- Memento Mori: Offer condolences to Meygan.
- Strings of Fate: Bring Art his lute.
- A Story You Won't Believe: Pass all Performance checks when telling a tall tale to the brewer.
- Town of Shadows: Find out the fate of each of the major characters in the town: the brewer, the surgeon, the toll collector and the mason.
- Tales of Yore: Piece the scriptures together correctly and reveal the secret in the town square.
- Eclipse of the Heart: Recount Ketheric Thorm's past to him, shaking his resolve.
- It Came From Shadows: Discover the source of the Shadow Curse.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- Blabbermouth: Complete Lens' interview.
- Drama Sleuth: Take up Valeria's investigation.
- Explosive Artistry: Obtain the runepowder from Wulbren.
- Taking the Spotlight: Willingly step up to the circus' stage.
- Skald's Song: Witness the Gur funeral.
- Personal Invitation: Witness Gortash's coronation.
- Finding her Stage: Reunite with Alfira in Baldur's Gate.
- Making It Sing to Your Tune: Sabotage the printing press.
- Sea Memorial: Offer something during the Water Queen's funeral procession.
- Thread of Fame: Obtain a piece of clothing from the famous Figaro.
- Villain of the Ages: Encouter Sarevok, wretched spawn of the dark God Bhaal.