"You are trained in battlefield tactics and combat, having served in a militia, mercenary company, or officer corps. Show smart tactics and bravery on the battlefield to enhance your prowess."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Athletics Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Strength (Athletics) Ability Checks.
- Intimidation Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Charisma (Intimidation) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
General[edit | edit source]
- One For The Ages: Survive a fight in which you kill ten or more enemies.
- Pentacrush: Kill 5 enemies in a single turn.
- Strategist: Defeat a powerful foe in one strike.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- A Headless Horde: Kill every leader in the goblin camp.
- Chain Of Command: Follow Flaming Fist orders at the burning inn.
- Conquer the Conquerors: Defeat the Githyanki raiding squad.
- Drowned in the Dark: Defeat the duergar patrolling on the Ebonlake.
- No One Left Behind: Ensure all of the Grove's defenders survive the first goblin assault.
- To Arms!: Help Guex learn to fight.
- Warrior of the Hells: Kill the cultist leader seeking Karlach.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- A Bone To Pick: Overcome the skeletons in Moonrise prison during the assault.
- Absolute Devastation: Destroy Last Light.
- An Apple a Day Keeps the Scalpel Away: Defeat the Surgeon without being operated upon.
- Centennial Rivalries: Complete the Harper ambush.
- Devastation of the Absolute: Complete the assault on Moonrise.
- Familicide: Kill all members of the Thorm family.
- Know Thine Enemy: Defeat yourself in the Gauntlet of Shar's mirror trial.
- Masterful Execution: Kill any of the bosses in and around the Shadow-Cursed Lands in a single round of combat.
- Notched Armor: Show off your prowess to the bugbear merchant.
- Realities of War: Tell Arabella what happened to her parents.
- Return to Sender: Kill the orthon, returning him to Raphael.
- Shield of the Moon: Obtain Selûne's blessing from Isobel.
- The Best Offense is Virtually Nonsense: Defeat a member of the Thorm family without drawing steel.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- Double-Tap: Kill Auntie Ethel... again...
- Great Helm of Legends: Find the Helm of Balduran.
- Innovations in Volatility: Give your blood to Araj a second time.
- Kicking the Rust Bucket: Destroy a Steel Watcher.
- Putting the Past to Rest: Execute Orin.
- Regicide: Execute Gortash.
- Reporting for Duty: Report to Commander Lightfeather.
- Sharing the Spoils: Donate to the refugees.
- Urgent Communication: Commune with the Netherbrain. (talk to Manip Edenosa after ambush in the park)
- Veteran's Hotspot: Purchase a room at the Elfsong Tavern.