|Forest||←||Emerald Grove||→||Secluded Cove|
The Emerald Grove, also known as Silvanus' Grove and Druid's Grove, is location in the Wilderness of Act One of Baldur's Gate 3. It encompasses the large cavern known as the The Hollow and the Sacred Pool.
The Druids of the Emerald Grove are led by Kagha who serves as the leader of the druids in First Druid Halsin's abscence. They are providing a temporary refuge for the Tiefling Refugees from Elturel, though tensions are high. The Grove is on high alert due to the aggression of nearby goblins. Kagha has ordered the Rite of Thorns be preformed to shut the grove off, which would displace the Tieflings.
The fate of the Emerald Grove and the Tiefling Refugees is in the hands of the player.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Waypoints[edit | edit source]
This location contains the following Waypoint:
- Emerald Grove Environs X: 246 Y: 423
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The Hollow
- Sacred Pool
- Inner Sanctum
- Underground Passage
Adjacent areas[edit | edit source]
Emerald Grove Ramparts[edit | edit source]
The south of the Emerald Grove is protected by ramparts. The thick gate can be only be opened by the nearby gate winch. A war horn allows the defenders to rally should the Grove come under attack. To the east of the ramparts is a tall hill, where Nadira has set up with her telescope. The player may intervene to save her. A path winds down north from the hill towards the elevator to the Sacred Pool. Until Tuffet the bear can be convinced to move, the Elevator is inoperable.
A couple of the tieflings have set up a small camp to the west. Should any of the tieflings die, they may end up buried in the small clearing to the west.
The Hollow[edit | edit source]
For more information see: The Hollow
The Hollow is a cavernous location in the northwest of the Emerald Grove. The majority of the Tiefling refugees can be found here. There are multiple traders in this area, and companions may be acquired here, depending on the player's story choices.
Sacred Pool[edit | edit source]
For more information see: Sacred Pool
The Sacred Pool is at the heart of the Emerald Grove. The Idol of Silvanus is at the centre of the Sacred Pool. It is the site where the Rite of Thorns is being preformed by the druids. A couple druids stand guard at the bottom of the stairs to the Hollow, preventing most outsiders from entering the Sacred Pool during the rite.
The Sacred Pool connects to the Inner Sanctum via the Stone Door X: 25 Y: -10, and to The Hollow via the stairs to the north, the Secluded Cove to the northeast. An elevator leads to the Emerald Cove ramparts in the south.
Inner Sanctum[edit | edit source]
For more information see: Inner Sanctum
The Inner Sanctum is a subterranean location accessed through the Stone Door in the Sacred Pool. There are four frescos in the Inner Sanctum, depicting the history of the Emerald Grove. Kagha, the acting leader of the druids, can be found in the Inner Sanctum.
The Servant Quarters can be found to the North-East, and the Druids' Chambers to the North. The Healer Nettie can be found in the Druid's Chamber, and is capable of unlocking the entrance to the Enclave Library.
Notable characters[edit | edit source]
Traders[edit | edit source]
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Remove the Parasite
- Save the Refugees
- Save Arabella
- Save the Goblin Sazza
- Find Your Belongings
- Steal the Sacred Idol
- Investigate the Beach
- Find Doni
- Return the Locket
- The Hellion's Heart
Notable interactions[edit | edit source]
The following are unique interactions that appear when the player first visits the Emerald Grove:
- When approaching the Ramparts, Aradin and his fellow adventurers will be running for the gates, chased by Goblins. Wyll appears to help fight.
- After the fight, several tieflings will be processing the death of Kanon. If you head there immediately, you may be able to speak to his sister Arka but she leaves for the Makeshift Prison soon after his death. Other tieflings will come to grieve too. Speak to any them to enact a cutscene.
- Aradin and Zevlor will get into an argument, which may come to blows unless the player intervenes. Aradin's location might vary depending on this outcome.
- A bugbear assassin is headed for Nadira on the hill to the east of the ramparts.
- Looking through the telescope by Nadira to see the dragon.
- Volo is found interviewing a bear in the Sacred Pool
History[edit | edit source]
|— Inner Sanctum Plaques|
The frescos in the Inner Sanctum depict the legacy of the Emerald Grove. The first mural shows beasts and druids driving monsters out from their lands. With the monsters driven out, the druids claimed the grove in the name of Silvanus, god of nature.
However, it seems that their strife was not over. Referred to as the 'Darkest Hour', the druids entered a concord with the Harpers to fight "the shade" (The Shadow Curse). Their opponents were Ketheric Thorm's Sharran army. The final victory fresco shows a Sharran helmet broken at their feet. The Moonrise Towers were lost that day.
...a broken Dark Justiciar helmet at the feet of the druids.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Quest items[edit | edit source]
Quest rewards[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
- (Dropped by Kagha.)
- (Found in a crate in the Hidden Vault within the Inner Sanctum)
- ((Found on an alter in the Hidden Vault within the Inner Sanctum)
Hidden treasure[edit | edit source]
- is hidden under a rock X: 262 Y: 481 near Ormn.
- in a locked gilded chest behind a pillar X: 289 Y: 488 near Alfira.
- A buried chest on the cliffs east of NadiraX: 262 Y: 467, containing 3 . Survival Check 12 to locate dig spot.