"You’re the champion of the common people, challenging tyrants and monsters to protect the helpless. Saving innocents in imminent danger will make your legend grow."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Animal Handling: Gain Proficiency with Wisdom (Animal Handling) Ability Checks.
- Survival Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Wisdom (Survival) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- A Lethal Endeavor: Escort Baelen out of the field of bibberbangs.
- A Timely Rescue: Save Findal from the goblins who kidnapped him.
- Breaker of Chains: Save the deep gnomes from Nere and the duergar.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Save Liam from his goblin torturers.
- Guardian of the Forgotten: Save the tieflings from the goblin assault.
- Protector of the Small: Save Mirkon from the harpies.
- Rescued From the Flames: Save whoever you can from Waukeen's Rest.
- Saved By A Thread: Save Smythin from his lethal fall.
- Snake Whisperer: Save Arabella from Kagha and her serpent. (Must complete the quest by speaking to Arabella and her parents to get the Inspiration)
- Soul Warden: Save Nadira from the bugbear assassin.Early Access Only
- The Bard With Nine Lives: Rescue Volo from the Goblin Camp.
- The Most Unfortunate Gnome: Rescue the gnome from his fate at the windmill.
- Unmasking the Truth: Free one of the Hag's masked thralls.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- A Smile Better Suits...: Offer a hopeful response to Alfira's inquiry.
- Breakout!: Break out and save all of the Moonrise prisoners.
- From One Hero To Another: Meet Jaheira and stay in her good books.
- Greatness Thrust Upon Them: Find, save & bring Arabella to your camp.
- Helping The Little Guy: Help Mol win the game of lanceboard.
- Meeting of Fates: Side with either Isobel or Marcus during the confrontation in Last Light.
- No Strings to Hold Them Back: Release the gnolls from their enslavement.
- Not Another Soul: Keep all Harpers alive during the ambush with the Shadows.
- Power Corrupts: Defeat a major figure in the corrupted town.
- Saving the Prodigious: Save Rolan from the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
- Uncommon Recognition: Relate your feats to the bugbear merchant.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- A Bet Is a Bet: Meet with Lakrissa in Baldur's Gate.
- Chained, Unfortunate Souls: Rescue the vampire spawns from Cazador's lair.
- Diplomatic Rescue: Save Counsellor Florrick from Wyrm's Rock.
- Empathy for the Fallen: Convince the coffin-maker to make an exception.
- End of the Tribunal: Save Valeria and end the Murder Tribunal.
- Freeing the Preyed: Free Hope from captivity.
- Keeping Your Hands Clean: Refuse to cause collateral damage with Wulbren's plan.
- Innocence Lost: Expose the toy-maker's mischief.
- Painted Hero: Obtain your portrait from Oskar.
- Safeguarding the Songbird: Meet the unflappable Alfira in Baldur's Gate.
- Securing Hospitalities: Save the squatters from being kicked out.
- Trusting Your Instincts: Take up Valeria's shoddily concluded investigation.
- Truth Shines Through: Find the true culprit behind the serial murders.