"You’re curious and well-read, with an unending thirst for knowledge. Learning about rare lore of the world will inspire you to put this knowledge to greater purpose."
Background Features[edit | edit source]
- Arcana Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Intelligence (Arcana) Ability Checks.
- History Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Intelligence (History) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
General[edit | edit source]
- Reanimator: Correctly follow Gale's instructions to resurrect him.
- Whispers from the Grave: Glean some wisdom from speaking with the dead.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- Secrets Of The Sundering: Unlock and read the Book of Dead Gods.
- Roots of the Grove: Learn local history from the druidic frescos.
- Secrets Of The Shadow Druids: Discover and read Faldorn's Canticle.
- All Knowledge Is Worth Having: Finish reading the Thayan tome of necromancy.
- A Natural Alliance: Recognise the druid and Harper armour.
- A Solitary Spider: Read the arachnomancer's journals at the bottom of the well.
- Secrets Of The Necromancer: Discover the strange nature of the Thayan tome.
- Secrets Of The High Chieftain: Read Volo's Guide to Goblins.
- Secrets Of The Matron: Read the obscure text by a drow matron.
- The Phases Unfold: Solve the moon puzzle sealing the door to the Underdark.
- If I Can't Have It...: Discover the secrets of the Adamantine Forge from all three drow wizards.
- Secrets Of The Sussur Tree: Disable an arcane turret using a sussur flower.
- The Forbidden Arcane: Read Omeluum's notes on illithid magic.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- Corrupted Beyond Recognition: Find and read the dead druid's journal about how the shadow curse came to be.
- Located in the top north-eastern part of the map
- A Natural Alliance: Recognize the druid and Harper armour.
- Waking the Sleeper: Wake Art from his catatonic slumber.
- Theskan Tactician: Help Mol win the game of lanceboard.
- Hippocratic No More: Find the surgeon's research notes.
- Partaking in Local Customs: Perform the ritual in the Sharran Sanctuary.
- Snuffed Spark: Find the dead aasimar's journal.
- Tenets of Loss: Open the way into the Sharran Sanctuary.
- A Little Too Familiar with the Grotesque...: Solve Balthazar's secret study puzzle without making a mistake.
- Secrets of The Necromancer: Solve Balthazar's secret study puzzle.
- They're in the Walls!: Discover what the 'meat sound' is.
- Thorm Family Secrets: Discover the fate of Ketheric's family members.
- Rat King: Discover the truth behind the numerous rats in the Gauntlet of Shar.
- Emblem of the Moonmaiden: Discover the truth about the Nightsong.
- Brain Blast!: Successfully complete the mind puzzle in the mind flayer colony.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- A Foul and Awesome Display: Use Wulbren's runepowder bomb.
- A Grand Prize!: Figure out Akabi's scheme and obtain the 'grand' prize.
- Assistant to the Extra-Planar Agent: Take up Valeria's serial killer investigation.
- Knowledge of the Heart: Get a fresh perspective on your relationship with a companion.
- Get the best possible outcome from Zethino's relationship quiz.
- New Normal: Let yourself be scanned by a Steel Watcher.
- Coronation of the Dreadmaster: Meet Gortash in Wyrm's Rock and witness his coronation.
- Crossing's Namesake: Find the undying sentinel underneath Wyrm's Crossing.
- Heavy is the Head: Find the Helm of Balduran.
- An Exotic Charter: Obtain access to the House of Hope portal.
- Blood of the Convenant: Find out how Araj's blood experiments are going.
- Membership Admittance: Ask to join the Society of Brilliance.
- Stopping the Repetition of History: Defeat Lorroakan.
- The Karsus of Our Times: Give Nightsong to Lorroakan.
- The Returned Cap'n: Behold the true Captain Grisly in all her piratical glory.
- Using the Proper Means: Find and use the Torch of Revocation.