"You have spent your life in service to a temple, learning sacred rites and providing sacrifices to the god or gods you worship. Serving the gods and discovering their sacred works will guide you to greatness."
Background Feature[edit | edit source]
- Insight Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Wisdom (Insight) Ability Checks.
- Religion Proficiency: Gain Proficiency with Intelligence (Religion) Ability Checks.
Background Goals[edit | edit source]
Performing certain actions that align with this background will reward Inspiration. These goals can be accomplished by any member of the active party, and Inspiration points are pooled, up to a maximum of 4.
General[edit | edit source]
- Fate Must Wait: Resurrect anyone in your party.
Act One[edit | edit source]
- Divinity Undone: Unlock and read the Book of Dead Gods.
- Silvanus' Solitude: Witness the ritual that seals off the grove from the world.
- Treefather's Sorrow: Unleash Silvanus' curse upon the grove.
- Kill the druids and steal the Idol of Silvanus.
- Her Gift of Silver: Recover Selûne's lost treasure through prayer.
- Read the prayer note behind the statue.
- A Kiss Without Mercy: Endure the ritual of Loviatar until Abdirak is pleased.
- Saving the Heretic: Learn about Maglubiyet and safely free his priest.
- Last Rites of the Dark Dancer: Complete Eilistraee's ritual of sorrow and obtain her blessed blade.
- Shatter the Moon: Destroy Selûne's protection over the Underdark fort.
- Destroy the Moonstone in Selûnite Outpost.
- Tipping the Scales: Earn the worship of the Kuo-toa.
- Acolytes of the Demonweb Pits: Persuade the spiders in Grymforge to remain faithful to Lolth.
Act Two[edit | edit source]
- No Rest for the Wicked: Assist He Who Was in his task.
- Moonweaver's Prayer: Witness Isobel's ritual to keep up the protection of Last Light.
- Tragic Love: Witness Jonas' funeral.
- Blessed's Final Rest: Find the aasimar's journal.
- Did My Homework: Recite Shar's dogma to the surgeon.
- Honing the Darkness: Pass all of Shar's tests in the middle of the cursed town.
- In Her Footsteps: Solve each of Shar's trials in the Gauntlet of Shar.
- Sole Survivor: Discover the truth behind the numerous rats in the Gauntlet of Shar.
- Those for Whom the Bell Tolled: Kill all of Balthazar's undead.
- Cerimonia Compedum: Execute the ritual to bring Nightsong to Ketheric yourself.
- Ally with and allow Balthazar to take Nightsong, rather than actually doing it yourself.
- A Piece of Three: Piece together Ketheric's allegiances.
Act Three[edit | edit source]
- Needs of the Many: Persuade the merchant to let the refugee squatters stay in his home.
- A Test of Faithfullness: Ask the Master of Love to test your bond.
- A Scorned Closed Heart: Side with the open-minded priest.
- A Wounded Open Heart: Side with the close-minded priest.
- Child Protection Agents: Find and rescue Lora's daughter, Vanra.
- Ordinary Practises in Extraordinary Times: Offer appropriate offerings to a deity in the Stormshore Tabernacle.
- The Dismemberment of Dribbles: Find all the pieces of Dribbles' body and return them to Lucretious.
- What Remains of the Dead: Guide Nina to acceptance or prowess.
- Offering to the Waves: Make an offering for the dead waveservant.
- Forgotten, Bloodied, Halls: Discover the Temple of Bhaal.