Location Summary[edit | edit source]
Access[edit | edit source]
The Goblin Camp is has a main entrance that is reached when crossing the bridge X: -43 Y: 373 in the Forest. Alternate entry is possible through where the Sunlit Wetlands and Forest meet by crossing the fallen tree bridge X: -23 Y: 319.
Story Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Negotiate at the main entrance for entry
- Interact with Volo
- Speak with Crusher
- Chase the chicken or owlbear cub
Booze Tub[edit | edit source]
Just right of the cooking split is a large skull that the goblins use to store their booze. If interacted with, you can combine a Basic Poison, Wyvern Toxin or Drow Poison to spike it. It is best to try this in turn based mode while also Hiding and/or having someone Performing as a Distraction. If you are noticed interacting with the tub, you'll be confronted on what you are doing. You can do a variety of skills checks to get by:
- "A lethal poison. Enough to take the lot of you down." This will turn the whole camp hostile.
- DC 5 Deception check. "Just a drop of firewine. It'll give the brew a real kick."
- DC 10 Intimidation check. "I'll slip a knife between your ribs if you don't piss off."
- Illithid Persuasion DC 2 Intelligence check. "Turn around and walk away. Do not question the will of the Absolute."
- Detect Thoughts DC 12 Intelligence check. "Don't be stupid. You can barely see straight."
If the drinks are spiked, a toast will begin with you pushed into joining in. Once more, you have different ways to handle things.
- Down the drink. DC 15 Constitution Save to avoid taking 1d6 (1~6) Poisonfor Duration: 10 turns.
- DC 10 Sleight of Hand check. Spill the beer, then pretend to drink from the empty cup.
- DC 10 Deception check. "After you! I shouldn't drink before the host."
Failing any of the checks above will give you another chance to avoid suspicion:
- Down the drink. Leading to the save as above.
- "You've caught me. It's poisoned." This will turn the whole camp hostile.
- DC 10 Persuasion check. "I'm simply being a good guest, that's all."
- DC 10 Deception check. "I was checking none of you idiots had spilled anything foul in there."
- Detect Thoughts DC 12 Intelligence check. "Don't be stupid. You might be able to drink all day - the Absolute needs me sober."
If you avoid suspicion, the goblins will all drink up. Mirg, Grikka, Sul, Puli, Aggy, Gurk, Klagga and Breg will all quickly die from the poison. A few will also be lowered to half their health as well. You will be quickly accused of being behind it. You will be forced to attempt a few possible skill checks to avoid an outright fight. You will gain experience as if you killed the seven goblin's yourself.
- DC 15 Deception check. "If I'd poisoned you, do you really think I'd still be here?"
- Drow DC 10 Intimidation check. "Consider it a privilege. I could have just gutted you."
- Detect Thoughts DC 12 Intelligence check. "You poisoned yourselves. This is Elderberry Beer - goblins are allergic to it."
If a fight is avoided, the goblins will go into high alert, thinking they're under attack as they take defensive positions around the camp. The booze tub will also get destroyed to avoid any more mishaps.
Wayfinding[edit | edit source]
This location contains the following Waypoint:
Sub-Locations[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
The NPCs in this location may vary based on player storyline choices and progress.
Notable NPCs[edit | edit source]
Merchants[edit | edit source]
Other NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Booyahg Culk
- Booyahg Piddle
- Brawler Tiny
- Brawler Rancer
- Brawler Rot
- Devout Wasp
- Devout Mezzka
- Guard Gurgon
- Sentinel Olak
- Sharp-eye Aggy
- Sharp-eye Breg
- Sharp-eye Mirg
- Sharp-eye Raagg
- Sharp-eye Snurd
- Sharp-eye Sluck
- Small Klaw
- Tracker Bal
- Tracker Dullwill
- Tracker Kirz
- Tracker Klagga
- Tracker Puli
- Tracker Rindle
- Tracker Tak
- Warlock Tud
- Warlock Gurk
- Warrior Sul
- Warrior Puce
Loot[edit | edit source]
Notable items obtained in this location, whether looted, purchased, or obtained as a quest reward:
Sold by Grat the Trader[edit | edit source]
- The Whispering Promise
- Boots of Aid and Comfort
- Returning Pike
- Longbow +1
- Greatsword +1
- Greatclub +1
- War Pick +1
Looted[edit | edit source]
- Crusher's Ring (Looted from Novice Crusher or stealing it from him through an interaction.)
- Glowing Shield (See Hidden Treasure section for location.)
Hidden Treasure.[edit | edit source]
- A buried chest on the ledge south of the chicken chasing arena, containing some scrolls. X: -131 Y: 425
- A buried chest on the northeastern ledge, overlooking the sleeping Bugbears on the upper level. DC 10 Survival check to locate. X: -77 Y: 466
- A buried chest on the east road from leading to the Rosymorn Monastery Trail, just before the mountain pass. DC 15 Survival check to locate. X: -154 Y: 329
- A heavy chest up in the southeastern tower at the camp entrance. Can be reached with Jump and having decent Strength. Has a Smokepowder Bomb in it. X: -99 Y: 416
- A locked chest DC 10 Sleight of Hand check located in the cliffs in the northeastern corner. Guarded by Blast and Poison Mines. Contains the Glowing Shield.
X: -57 Y: 467