Jump to navigation Jump to search
|A Living Legend|
|Movement Speed||9m / 30ft|
|Weight||75kg / 150lbs|
|Family||Ulder Ravengard (father)|
|Voice actor||Theo Solomon|
Origin characters can be played as the main character, otherwise, they can be recruited as a companion early on.
Can be spoken to with Speak with Dead.
|— Wyll motivating children.|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
As a Warlock of The Fiend subclass, Wyll gains access to powerful destructive Spells as he levels up. He gains fewer Spell Slots per day than traditional spellcasters, but in exchange, he regains use of them on a Short Rest and his spells are always cast at the highest level possible, making even his low level spells quite potent.
Passive Features[edit | edit source]
The Blade of Frontiers[edit | edit source]
The Champion of the Sword Coast, renowned for his heroic deeds, unusual stone eye, and notable distaste for Goblins.
Proficiencies[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Saving Throws[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
Spells Known[edit | edit source]
Level 1 Spells Known[edit | edit source]
Cantrips Known[edit | edit source]
Recruitment[edit | edit source]
Wyll can be recruited in Act One.
- Wyll is first encountered when approaching the Druid Grove in the Wilderness. On approach, Goblins will attack the grove and Wyll will participate in the battle, announcing himself as the Blade of Frontiers, and defending the grove. Afterwards, he can be found in the The Hollow training Tiefling children to fight. If the player speaks with him there and agrees to join forces with him, he will join the party.
- If you complete the Druid's Grove quest, Wyll cannot be found within The Hollow. He will appear after recruiting Karlach and completing the quest at The Risen Road, upon taking a long rest.
Background[edit | edit source]
At a young age, Wyll stumbled across a dark ritual that would bring a great evil into Faerûn if left unchecked. With little time left, Wyll felt left without a choice and he signed and accepted the deal of an opportunistic devil, Mizora, who arrived at the scene to offer Wyll power. With his new powers as a Warlock, Wyll was able to stop the ritual, but was wounded and lost his right eye in the ensuing battle.
Bound by pact to serve Mizora, Wyll's dealings with the devil left him estranged from his influential noble family in Baldur's Gate. He left his home and gained fame as The Blade of Frontiers, renowned for his swordsmanship and monster-slaying.
Now Wyll is on the hunt for Karlach, the latest target his patron Mizora has demanded he kill for her. He must obey, or suffer great consequences. The hunt has taken to Wyll to Avernus, in the Hells themselves.
Personal Quest[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Wyll actively seeks to do the right thing and live up to his ideal vision of a hero, even if at times he considers himself undeserving of the title. When few options remain, Wyll is willing to resort to brutal methods if in his eyes the ends justify the means. He is desperate to free himself from the shame of his past and be recognized as something greater. Because of this, his deeds can at times appear reckless. He enjoys his title as the Blade of Frontiers even though he regrets what it cost him to obtain it.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Approval & Disapproval[edit | edit source]
Wyll likes acts of heroism, defending the innocent or defenseless, and killing goblins.
Wyll dislikes villainous acts like killing the innocent or defenseless. He dislikes goblins and disapproves of helping them.
Main Article: Wyll/Approval
Romance[edit | edit source]
- See Wyll/Romance
Wyll can be romanced.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Break Wyll's pact with Mizora.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wyll is voiced by Theo Solomon.
- Wyll's story was almost entirely rewritten for full release after fan feedback.
- In Multiplayer, if Wyll is chosen as an Origin by one player, Karlach cannot be chosen by any other players, and vice versa.