Lae'zel is a Githyanki warrior, who appears in Baldur's Gate 3 as a side character or origin character. She is also available as a companion. She'll join your party automatically while escaping the Nautiloid, and will be able to be recruited again after the crash. You will find her captured by two Tieflings and have to rescue her.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
As a Fighter, Lae'zel should be at the forefront of most combat situations. She can easily tank damage and deal major damage back to enemies in return. At level 3, Lae'zel gains a martial archetype, which allows her to broaden her list of martial abilities or diverge into something different.
Starting Stats[edit | edit source]
Skill Proficiencies[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Lae'zel is a Githyanki Warrior, originally from an Asteroid in the Astral Plane, known as "Stardock" (or "Crèche K'liir" to Githyanki). Before the events of Baldur's Gate 3, Lae'zel was captured at an unknown point in a time and from an unknown location, by Mind Flayers. Not much is known about her life prior to this, however, as she is a young, low-ranking Githyanki, it can be assumed she was spending most of her time in Crèche K'liir and conducting raids on Toril. After being abducted, she is encountered by the player on the Nautiloid. They join forces in order to commandeer the Nautiloids transponder and escape.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Lae'zel is depicted as xenophobic, arrogant, and quick to anger. She is proud of Githyanki, and frequently makes comments to the party detailing Githyanki customs and the nature of her people. In her mission to remove her Mind Flayer parasite, she does not hesitate to intimidate or harm those who would step in her way. She also approves of evil-aligned actions from the player, such as betraying Astarion to a vampire hunter. She is fiercely loyal to Vlaakith, the queen of all Githyanki.
Approval & Romance[edit | edit source]
Lae'zel Approves[edit | edit source]
- Choose the 'Attack' dialogue option when speaking to Taman and Gimblebock
- Ask her about the tadpole, then tell her you will find a cure
- Use the 'Fighter' option to knock out Aradin
- Tell Zevlor that you have other things to do
- Let her make Zorru bow
- Tell she's good at interrogations
- Show the Tiefling Guex how to fight by passing an Athletics Check
- Ask her if she's sure the Creche is the only way for a cure, then tell her that their information is valuable
- Swear to take the Wyvern Poison
- Decline the devil's offer to remove the tadpole
- Tell Edowin's siblings to avenge their brother
- Crush the tadpole that leaves True Soul Edowin
- Deliver the final blow to the goblin Feezerk
- Drink from the well outside Auntie Ethel's house
- Deceive the goblins, say 'you can't be serious', then fling poo at them
- Say 'Boo' to Volo as he performs
- Demand that Crusher kiss your foot
- Take Shadowheart to the Chicken Chase in the Goblin Camp, and tell her not to be hasty
- Torture Liam for the goblins
- Speak to the artist and call him a slave
- Let Lae'zel speak to the Githyanki Patrol
- Pass the Deception Check when speaking to the Githyanki Patrol
- Later in camp, after meeting the Githyanki Patrol, persuade her to calm down
- Agree to kill the one-horned Tiefling for Paladin Anders
- Tell the merchant Cyrel that you'll take the supplies
- Tell BOOOAL he is a fake god, tell him you are going to kill him and take his power
Lae'zel Disapproves[edit | edit source]
- In camp on the first night, after speaking with her first, talk to Shadowheart and say you agree with her.
- Persuade Kagha to free Arabella.
- Purchase the artist at the Zhentarim Hideout.
- When Shadowheart has odd magical flare-up, choose to change the subject and ignore it.
- Tell Andrick and Brynna that you came from the wreck.
Romance[edit | edit source]
During the Party, regardless of side or approval, Lae'zel's first important romance scene can happen. She will commend the player's martial prowess and offer intercourse - no strings attached. If the player agrees, they will later encounter her inside the altar room, naked. Lae'zel will then demand the player to submit, where they can either comply or success an Intimidation roll to make Lae'zel submit instead. A rough sexual scene will then happen.
Regardless of who takes charge, the player will wake up next morning - in pain. Lae'zel will insist it was just for pleasure and might or might not lay with the player again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lae'zel is voiced by Devora Wilde.