Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Movement Speed||9m / 30ft|
|Weight||75kg / 150lbs|
|Voice actor||Devora Wilde|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Lae'zel starts with the Great Weapon Fighting Fighting Style selected.
Default starting skill proficiencies:
Background[edit | edit source]
Lae'zel is a Githyanki Warrior from Crèche K'liir, a githyanki enclave on an asteroid near Selûne, the moon of Faerûn. Before the events of Baldur's Gate 3, Lae'zel was captured by Mind Flayers. After being abducted, she is encountered by the player on the Nautiloid. They join forces in order to commandeer the Nautiloids transponder and escape.
Description[edit | edit source]
Lae'zel is depicted as xenophobic, arrogant, and quick to anger. She is proud of her race, and frequently makes comments to the party detailing githyanki customs and the nature of her people. In her mission to remove her mind flayer parasite, she does not hesitate to intimidate or harm those who would step in her way. She is fiercely loyal to her queen Vlaakith.
Personal quest[edit | edit source]
Lae'zel's companion quest is The Githyanki Warrior. Her story centres on her strong feelings of duty toward her people, and how best to fulfil that duty while questioning where her loyalties should truly lie.
Approval & disapproval[edit | edit source]
Main article: Lae'zel/Approval
Lae'zel prefers direct approaches and is focused on quickly finding a solution to the tadpole infection, without wasting any time.
Lae'zel dislikes acts of mercy and compassion, showing submission, respect or diplomacy over force and domination
Recruitment[edit | edit source]
Main recruitment[edit | edit source]
Lae'zel can be recruited in Act One.
- Lae'zel is first encountered on the Nautiloid during the Prologue. While escaping from the nautiloid, she joins the party as a temporary companion. She leaves the party after successfully escaping.
- Lae'zel is encountered again a second time in the Wilderness near the Roadside Cliffs at X: 242 Y: 370. She has been captured in a wooden cage by two Tieflings, Damays and Nymessa. If the player is able to free her, she can be invited to join the party.
Alternative recruitment opportunities[edit | edit source]
- If she dies aboard the Nautiloid, her body will be found at the beach starting area. Using a scroll of Revivify on her will bring her back to life and players can recruit her.
- If players progress further to the Emerald Grove and trigger the scene at the gates, she will break out of her cage and disappear, killing Damays and Nymessa if they are still alive. She can then be found later on and be recruitable again.
- After breaking out of the cage, or if players refused her joining up with them until this point, she will show up when players encounter the githyanki near the Mountain Pass. Players have another chance to recruit her there if she doesn't turn hostile during the encounter. If she dies during it as an ally or neutral, she can be resurrected and still join.
- If players miss all the recruitment opportunities above, or refuse her in them, she can be found again one final time near the first waypoint in the region where the Crèche is located for a final recruitment opportunity.
Recruitment cut off point[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Can be spoken to with Speak with Dead.