|Experience on kill||5|
|Voice actor||Shaun Mendum|
Recruiting as a Camp Follower[edit | edit source]
Scratch is found in the Forest west of the Owlbear Nest X: 69 Y: 476. When you find him, he's defending the body of his dead master, a messenger named Gomwick. You can comfort him and urge him to follow you back to your camp. Scratch stays with his master, but will find his way to the Campsite during your next long rest.
Shouting at the corpse will turn Scratch hostile.
Companion Interactions[edit | edit source]
Succeed a check to calm him down then tell his friend isn't going to wake up.
- Prove the man is dead - shout at his corpse. (Causes Scratch to attack.)
- "Come on, you can travel with me if you like." Followed by "If he doesn't wake up, follow my scent. I have a camp."
Locations[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Play fetch with Scratch - the best boy in the Realms.
|You Have Two Hands for a Reason|
Pet Scratch and the owlbear cub at the same time - the greatest joy an adventurer could ask for.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You can pet Scratch. The first time this will cause several camp companions to like you more.
- Attacking, shoving and throwing Scratch after being recruited in your camp will make him and everyone that isn't in your current party hostile.
- At some point, Scratch will bring you a ball, succeeding in a strength, Sleight of Hand, or Animal Handling check will allow you to take the ball and throw it to play fetch, Scratch will retrieve and return the ball to your inventory. This allows you to summon him as a familiar who can find hidden items.