Astarion is an Elf rogue, who appears in Baldur's Gate 3 as a side character or origin character. He is also available as a companion. You can first recruit him at the Ravaged Beach, a few meters from the Nautiloid crash, continuing from the fight with the Intellect Devourers.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
As a Rogue, Astarion excels at Stealth, Sleight of Hand, and deadly Sneak Attacks. At Level 3, Astarion can become either a Thief or an Arcane Trickster. As a Thief, he gains an additional Bonus Action, granting him more martial versatility in battle. As an Arcane Trickster, he gains the ability to cast a limited number of Wizard Spells.
Astarion's Background is Noble.
Starting Stats[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Spoiler warning! This section reveals details about the story of Baldur's Gate 3.
Astarion is an Elf rogue residing in Baldur's Gate. One night, while being brutally attacked by Gur, a vampire lord named Cazador appeared on his life, and made him a vampire spawn. Since that night, Astarion has been one Cazador's slaves and given the job of using his charms to bring him new victims, while being tortured almost daily.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Astarion has a sadistic personality and often approves of evil, cruel or egoistic actions though he seems to accept certain pragmatic ones. He likes a sort of hedonistic life-stlye, the most important things he finds in life being pleasure. He considers weak people to be unworthy or boring, though he doesn't actively attacks or try to harm them if they don't pose an immediate threat.
It is uncertain whether his personality changed after dealing with Cazador, or if he was already evil.
Approval & Romance[edit | edit source]
Astarion Approves[edit | edit source]
- Attack the Tieflings
- Ask Lae'zel to say 'please' after rescuing her
- Choose the 'Attack' dialogue option when speaking to Taman and Gimblebock
- In camp on the first night tell Shadowheart to remain cautious
- Ask Astarion how he wants to die, then choose an option
- Tell Zevlor that you have other things to do
- Let Arka kill Sazza (Do nothing)
- Tell Auntie Ethel about the tadpole
- Decline the devil's offer to remove the tadpole
- Tell hom that you are not the devil's plaything
- Crush the tadpole that leaves True Soul Edowin
- Deliver the final blow to the goblin Feezerk
- Let him bite you
- Tell him you trust him
- Give him Necromancy of Thay.
- Let him kill the Gur monster hunter, Gandrel
- After killing the Hag, use the wand to resurrect Mayrina's dead husband Connor, give her the wand, then tell Astarion that is was funny
- After asking about Cazador, tell he that you have his back as long as he has yours
- Decieve the goblins, say 'you can't be serious', then fling poo at them
- Say 'Boo' to Volo as he performs
- Agree to Abdirak's ritual for Loviatar
- Speak to the artist and call him a slave
- Tell the merchant Cyrel that you'll take the supplies
- Tell BOOOAL he is a fake god, tell him you are going to kill him and take his power
Astarion Disapproves[edit | edit source]
- Agree to help the Tieflings for Wyll
- Tell Arabella's mother that the druids are overreacting
- Persuade Kagha to free Arabella
- Swear to take the Wyvern Poison
- Purchase the artist at the Zhentarim Hideout
- Reveal his identity to the Gur.
- Forbid him to drink blood from other people.
- Reject him during the Party.
- Give Gale Necromancy of Thay or destroy it.
Romance[edit | edit source]
After the Party, regardless of side but only with at least medium approval, Astarion will offer the player to have "some fun". If the player accepts, he will meet with Astarion in the woods. They will embrace, and after kissing, Astarion will push the player into a tree, showing his teeth. The player can demand Astarion to hide them or give in. The lovers will fall into the ground and a sexual scene will occur.
The player will wake up next morning, observing an already awake shirtless Astarion, noticing scars on his back.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Astarion is voiced by Neil Newbon.