Find Your Belongings
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Objectives and journal entries may vary pending player decisions and outcomes.
- We've been robbed - by children no less. They distracted us by posing as merchants. We should have a word with them.
- A tiefling child told us we've been robbed. We should have a word with the thieves.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Mattis (X:247, Y:553) is a tiefling child selling goods on the path into the Inner Sanctum. He performs a trick with a ring to garner interest, then asks if the party wants to see his wares. The party can agree to see what he has for sale and, when they are done, a perception check reveals their pack is a bit lighter.
There is a sequence of 3 Perception checks before this quest starts.
- DC 15 - Mattis signalling to Silfy.
- DC 10 - Silfy pickpocketing the player. Must be failed to get this quest.
- DC 5 - Player notices the pickpocketing. Must be passed to get this quest.
The party can speak to Silfy, a nervous child who calls herself a 'guard' for the store. With an intimidation check, she refers the party to her boss, Mol, for more information on the stolen goods. The party can also speak to Mattis about the theft, which he will deny having any part of. He'll refer the party to the crack in the wall behind him, if they can fit. Lastly, the party can speak to Doni and he disappears. With an insight check, the party notices that he entered into a secret hatch.
The hole to the secret lair is down a ladder behind Mattis (X:244, Y:563). It can be accessed using Disguise Self to turn into a small race, such as a gnome, or by utilizing a Wild Shape. Gnomes, Halflings, and Dwarves are small enough to simply access the hole as-is.
If the party completes Investigate the Beach and manages to save Mirkon, he invites the party back to the secret lair. Because of this favor, Mol happily hands over the stolen goods. Siding with Meli in Return the Locket and saving Arabella from the snake in Save Arabella can also put the party in Mol's good graces.
If the party is on good terms with Mol, she'll simply return the belongings without any issue. If the party is neutral to Mol, she'll ask for a finder's fee to return some of the belongings.
Quest Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Pickpocket's Bag - if the stolen goods were returned.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a glitch that can occur where the option to ask Mol for their belongings back never appears.
- Mattis can actually steal from the party more than once, if they return to buy from him before the quest has been resolved.