Objectives[edit | edit source]
Objectives and journal entries may vary pending player decisions and outcomes.
- We found Lae'zel, the githyanki from the nautiloid, trapped in a hanging cage. Two tieflings are deciding what to do with her.
- We entered Lae'zel's mind.
- Lae'zel said she knew of a cure for the parasite. We won't find out what it is unless we help her get rid of the tieflings.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After the Nautiloid crashes, Lae'zel is nowhere to be seen. The player can inform Shadowheart that they intend to find her, after they gain consciousness on the beach. Lae'zel can be found north of the Roadside Cliffs waypoint (X:224, Y:372). She is caged by two tieflings, Nymessa and Damays, who view her as a threat. The party can convince the tieflings to shoot her cage down, to speak with her civilly, or to run away and let the party handle her:
- [DECEPTION] This creature is dangerous. Get out of here - leave it to me! (DC 7)
- [PERSUASION] Shoot the trap down. We must kill it before it harms someone. (DC 7)
- [PERSUASION] She's an intelligent creature, not a beast to be trapped. Cut her down, and converse with her.
If the party chooses to let the tieflings shoot the trap down, then the party must choose to side with Lae'zel or the tieflings. If the party tries to deceive the tieflings into leaving Lae'zel to them, the tieflings refuse to leave but still cut her down from the trap so they can bring her to camp. Additionally, if the player is a Githyanki, the tieflings exclaim "Holy hells! Another one!" and immediately become hostile.
In instances where the tieflings do not voluntarily cut Lae'zel down from her cage, she can be cut down using a bow, which the two tieflings drop as loot.
Once Lae'zel is down, there are several options. The party can recruit Lae'zel and have her join the party, agree to go their separate ways, or kill Lae'zel. Lae'zel can also simply be left to her fate.
Quest Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Lae'zel as a companion.