|Movement Speed||9m / 30ft|
|Weight||60kg / 120lbs|
Aradin is a side character in Baldur's Gate 3. Aradin and his adventuring party are searching for a treasure called The Nightsong.
Background[edit | edit source]
Aradin, alongside his other fellow adventurers, were offered a huge sum of money by a wizard in Baldur's Gate in exchange for a treasure called The Nightsong.
Their quest brought them to the Shattered Sanctum, underneath the Goblin Camp. Aradin's crew partnered up with the archdruid Halsin to attempt to infiltrate into the Shattered Sanctum, who had his own, different, reasons for wanting to go.
They failed, which left half of Aradin's crew dead and the druid Halsin either captured or dead. Aradin and his two remaining companions, Barth and Remira, fled to the Druid Grove with goblins in hot pursuit.
Chapter One[edit | edit source]
Aradin can be first encountered outside the Druid Grove, begging to be let in before the goblins chasing him arrive. As the player approaches, the goblins attack before Aradin can be let inside and combat begins. If Aradin survives the combat, he confronts Zevlor inside the Druid Grove and, depending on the players dialog choices and ability checks, his group will be found drinking in the grove or depart the grove.
If he departs, he can later be found outside the Blighted Village X: 84 Y: 411 among the bodies of his fallen companions; if not, he will stay in the Druid Grove. In either location, Aradin will tell the player he is giving up on his quest to find the Nightsong and will offer what he knows if the player is interested. This gives the player the quest Find the Nightsong.
Chapter Three[edit | edit source]
If alive, Aradin will be found arguing with an Animated Armour outside Sorcerous Sundries the Lower City.
Companion Approval[edit | edit source]
Act 1: Emerald Grove[edit | edit source]
After the fight at the gates of the Emerald Grove, Aradin will get into an argument with Zevlor. You are given several ways to intervene. Note that in all of these cases, approval is only gained/lost on successful checks.
- "More violence won't bring back those you lost. Stop and think." (Persuasion, DC 15)
- "If you want me to take both of you down, I will. Otherwise, knock it off." (Intimidation, DC 10)
- (Barbarian) "STOP OR I'LL BASH YOUR SKULLS TOGETHER MYSELF." (Intimidation, DC 5)
- (Half-Orc) "Want me to knock you both out? Or would you prefer to skip the broken bones and just calm down?" (Intimidation, DC 5)
- Stand back and watch. +1
- Hit Zevlor. (Melee Attack vs. AC 17) +1 -1 -1
- Hit Aradin. (Melee Attack vs. AC 16) +1 +1 +1
Act 3: Outside Sorcerous Sundries[edit | edit source]
- Tell him you found the Nightsong, and say any of the following:
- "She's immortal. And tough. You can forget about turning her in for a reward."
- "She's gone - I'm not sure where to." (Deception, DC 15) (Note: Only the version of this line that is actually a lie will give approval.)
- "Piss off." (Intimidation, DC 15)
- (Monk) "To chase the Nightsong is to once more rush into danger - reflect on your past mistakes." (Persuasion, DC 15)
- Tell him you found the Nightsong, and that she's at your camp. (Note: If you are a Paladin, this will break your oath.) -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
- Lie and tell him you didn't find anything. (Deception, DC 15) +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
Act 3: At Camp[edit | edit source]
If you told Aradin that the Nightsong was at your camp, failed the roll to lie to him about not knowing where she was, or failed the roll to persuade/intimidate him out of pursuing her, Aradin and his buddies will later attack you at camp, trying to reclaim her. You will have several dialogue options in this case, some of which can earn approval.
- "You're making a mistake, Aradin. Stop this before it's too late." +1
- "I'm going to enjoy ripping your head off." (Note: unavailable to Fighters, Rogues, or Barbarians.) +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
- (Barbarian) "You DARE challenge me? I'm going to rip you apart." +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
- (Monk) "Do not let simple coin blind you. This path will lead to regret and senseless death." +1
- (Fighter) "You're a competent warrior - but you're nothing compared to me." +1
- (Rogue) "You managed to track me down? I'd be impressed if I wasn't about to slit your throat."
Related Quests[edit | edit source]